Fireworks in the Gardens
2019 AHS Region One Meeting • Omaha, Nebraska • July 5-7, 2019
Hosted by the Nebraska Daylily Society—click HERE for registration form
Charles & Heidi Douglas of Browns Ferry Gardens, guest speakers
The Nebraska Daylily Society (NDS) invites you to join us Friday, July 5 through Sunday, July 7, in Omaha, Nebraska, for the 2019 AHS Region One Meeting.
Guest speakers are hybridizers Charles and Heidi Douglas of Browns Ferry Gardens of Georgetown, South Carolina. Browns Ferry Gardens was a 2018 AHS National Convention tour garden. Charles and Heidi will present their programs on Saturday evening following the banquet. Click HERE to read all about Charles and Heidi, Browns Ferry Gardens, and their gorgeous daylily cultivars.
The host hotel is the Marriott Hotel, 10220 Regency Circle, Omaha, Nebraska 68114-3706, 402-399-9000. Mention “Nebraska Daylily Society” to get the reservation group rate of $106 per night. Click HERE for more information about the host hotel, and information about fun things to see and do while you're in Omaha.
Your registration includes the bus tour and four meals: Friday banquet, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch at Keast Daylily Gardens, and Saturday banquet. Guest meals for Friday banquet and/or Saturday banquet and/or Saturday breakfast are also available. Please see the registration form for details and fees. For your convenience, the registration form has fillable fields, so you can use your computer keyboard to type your information—no handwriting is necessary!
Four large tour gardens and five lovely open gardens await you. Three tour gardens and all of the open gardens belong to hybridizers, so in addition to seeing the latest and greatest well-known daylilies, you will meet several “new to you” daylily introductions and seedlings from our very own metro-area hybridizers. To supplement all the beautiful daylilies in the four tour gardens, NDS gave each tour garden funds to purchase a collection of daylily club plants from the hybridizer of their choice (to be auctioned off during a future NDS meeting).
GARDENS ON SATURDAY’S BUS TOUR:
· Keast Daylily Gardens (Oakland, Iowa) Tom & Mary Keast—Jamie Gossard club plant collection—click HERE for garden description
· McIntosh Daylily Place (Omaha) Phyllis McIntosh—Charles & Heidi Douglas club plant collection—click HERE for garden description
· Daylilies on the Fritz (Cedar Creek, Nebraska) Lyle & Rita Kahnk—Paul Owen club plant collection—click HERE for garden description
· Farmony Gardens (Omaha) Nancy Lee Anderson—Richard Norris club plant collection—click HERE for garden description
OPEN GARDENS ON FRIDAY AND SUNDAY:
· Mary Baker’s Garden (Omaha) Mary & Rich Baker—click HERE for open garden hours, directions, and garden write-up
· Hansen’s Daylily Haven (Papillion, Nebraska) Dave & Val Jean Hansen— click HERE for open garden hours, directions, and garden write-up
· Ferguson Fantasy Flowers (Omaha) Scott & Linda Ferguson— click HERE for open garden hours, directions, and garden write-up
· Doug Bremers’ Garden (Omaha) Doug Bremers—click HERE for open garden hours, directions, and garden write-up
· Bob & Joanne Langabee’s Garden (Bellevue, Nebraska) Bob & Joanne Langabee—click HERE for open garden hours, directions, and garden write-up
The Region One Daylily Auction begins on Friday evening at 7:00 p.m. and credit cards will be accepted.
Shop our Bargain Table for outstanding daylily buys on Friday and Saturday (see the registration form for bargain table hours). Click HERE for more information about the daylily auction and bargain table, plus a description of two large, fabulous area nurseries (don't miss checking them out!).
Region One garden owners, please donate daylilies for the auction and bargain table! Auction Plant Chair is Mark Langemeier (email@example.com) and Bargain Table Chair is Susanne Milbourn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Phil Fass will chair and instruct Garden Judges Workshop 2 with Don Lovell from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Sunday at McIntosh Daylily Place (outdoor restroom facilities will be available). Garden Judges Workshop 1 is canceled due to lack of available Garden Judge Instructors (it will be offered during the 2019 ADS National Convention the following week). Click HERE for more information about Garden Judges Workshop 2, plus everything you want to learn about garden judging (and then some).
But wait—there’s more! On Friday from 4:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., Tim Morrissey (email@example.com) will host the Region One Hybridizers Slide Presentations. See the latest, greatest daylily creations from our very own hybridizers! All Region One hybridizers are invited to participate—contact Tim Morrissey with any questions. This is a wonderful opportunity to share your latest and greatest daylily introductions and seedlings with our guests, and a great way for our guests to enjoy all the beautiful daylilies created by our very own talented Region One hybridrizers.
While you’re in Omaha, don’t forget to sample some of the many delicious restaurants Omaha is famous for. Click HERE for a long list of wonderful dining experiences.
Questions? Contact our 2019 AHS Region One Meeting Chair, RP Val Hoefer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Registrar Leslie Rule (Leslie1967.email@example.com).