Fireworks in the Gardens
2019 AHS Region One Meeting • Omaha, Nebraska • July 5-7, 2019
Hosted by the Nebraska Daylily Society
Charles and Heidi Douglas of Browns Ferry Gardens, Guest Speakers
The Nebraska Daylily Society (NDS) invites you to join us on Friday, July 5 through Sunday, July 7, in Omaha, Nebraska, for the 2019 AHS Region One Meeting. Click HERE for the registration form with fillable fields—you can use your computer’s keyboard to type your information—no handwriting is necessary!
Your registration includes the bus tour and four meals: Friday banquet, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch at Keast Daylily Gardens, and Saturday banquet. Guest meals for Friday banquet and/or Saturday banquet and/or Saturday breakfast are also available.
About the Hotel
The host hotel is the Marriott Hotel, 10220 Regency Circle, Omaha, Nebraska 68114-3706, 402-399-9000. Mention “Nebraska Daylily Society” to get the reservation group rate of $106 per night. This hotel has been completely remodeled as of September 2018. Parking is free and easy in the large 600-space parking lot. Click HERE to see the hotel pictures and amenities.
The hotel is just across the street from Regency Court, where you will find Bonefish Grill, Fleming’s Steakhouse, Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Borsheim’s (Berkshire Hathaway’s jewelry store), and the nearby Whole Foods. Westroads Mall is a few blocks away.
Omaha is known for its high number of delightfully diverse restaurants per capita. But good eating is just the beginning. Did you know there is much to see and do while you’re in Omaha? Consider extending your visit to experience all that Omaha has to offer. Here are just a few of our area attractions:
- Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium 3701 South 10th Street, Omaha, 12 miles southeast of the hotel—Featuring 160 acres of animals and plants, you can easily spend an entire day at the zoo and aquarium and not see everything—click HERE for more information.
- Lauritzen Gardens Omaha Botanical Center and Marjorie K. Daugherty Conservatory 100 Bancroft Street, Omaha, 12 miles southeast of the hotel—Escape and relax in an urban oasis of tranquil beauty while you experience this 100-acre hidden gem in the heart of the city. This living plant museum with formal gardens and walking trails is located in the beautiful riverfront hills. Over 100 species of birds and 54 species of butterflies have been observed in the gardens. The Conservatory offers 17,500 square feet of living art in a gradual twenty-foot rise in elevation from the entry to the northern end, with focal points such as a ten-foot water wall and a large pool with Victoria water lilies—click HERE for more information.
- Old Market South 10th Street & Jackson Street, Omaha, 8 miles east of the hotel—A vibrant and eclectic arts, entertainment, shopping, and dining district—click HERE for more information.
- Durham Museum 801 South 10th Street—Located in Union Station, beautiful architecture meets memories of the past. The Durham Museum offers many different traveling exhibits covering a range of historic and cultural subjects—click HERE for more information.
- Joslyn Art Museum 2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, 7 miles east from the hotel—Joslyn Art Museum collects, preserves, and interprets visual art works—click HERE for more information.
- Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum 28210 West Park Highway, Ashland, 24 miles southwest of the hotel—Lots of military aircraft as well as spacecraft are on display—click HERE for more information.
- Boys Town 13628 Flanagan Boulevard, Boys Town, 4 miles west of the hotel—Guided tours depart Monday-Friday from the Visitors Center at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and on weekends at 1 p.m.—click HERE for more information.
Questions? Contact our 2019 AHS Region One Meeting Chair, RP Val Hoefer (email@example.com) or Registrar Leslie Rule (Leslie1967.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Celebrate daylilies with us in Omaha on July 5-7. Visit with friends and meet new ones while we enjoy beautiful daylily Fireworks in the Gardens—don’t let the only thing missing be you!